1111 Linden St
Cape Girardeau, MO - 63703
(573) 334-5533
Welcome to the CAPE GIRARDEAU page. Head Start Program information along with details, maps, and photos are below.

Head Start Program Details, hours, photos, information: CAPE GIRARDEAU


1. Go by your local Head Start site or Community Services office.

Fill out an application.

2. Call a Head Start site.

Request that someone come by your home to fill out an application.

3. Mail in the first page of the "ENROLL Your Child in HEAD START" form.

Save the second page.

Parents need to have the following information:

1. Child's birth certificate or hospital record

2. Proof of income:

  • Last year's income tax return
  • Current SSI printout from Social Security office
  • Social Security Disability 1099 form or printout from Social Security office for all members of the family
  • Current TANF printout from Family Support Division If you do not have the above, a letter from all employers stating gross wage

Need More Information

We always need more information on our offices so we can keep up to date on changes. If you know of any details that we missed, a new website, hours have changed, etc, please add a comment (below the map on this page), with information. We will then display this for all visitors on this page.

User questions and answers

Help our users find out more about CAPE GIRARDEAU.

When is the enrollment period?

Do you have any experience with the office personnel? How were they?

Is this really free?

What type of documentation do I need to apply for head start?


  1. 2019-07-31 18:51:01

    My son is 4 and definitely ready for school I'm a little late. What do I need to start him ? And is this free?

  2. 2019-12-17 17:31:08

    My son will be moving/transferring here to cape girardeau. What will i have to do since hes just transferring? He is 5 years old his bday fell late.

  3. 2022-06-11 21:41:33

    I did the application process in February and never got a call or email or anything to let me know about approval or anything for my two sons. Who do I contact?

Post Comments