323 Ruth Avenue SE
Leeds, AL - 35094
Welcome to the Leeds Head Start Center - JCCEO page. Head Start Program information along with details, maps, and photos are below.
Head Start Program Details, hours, photos, information: Leeds Head Start Center - JCCEO
Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity's Head Start Program has sites in
- Jefferson County
- Warrior, including nine public schools.
To apply for the Head Start program, your child must be three years of age by September 1st of the current school year and not more than five years of age before September 1st.
Early Head Start participants are selected from pregnancy through 35 months of age.
Your family must meet Federally mandated Head Start income guidelines.
To complete the necessary application forms, you can go either to the Head Start-Early Head Start center nearest your home or to the JCCEO Headquarters(300 Eighth Avenue, West Birmingham, Alabama 35204-3039 M-F 8am-5pm).
Applicants for JCCEO Head Start-Early Head Start must provide the following information:
- Child's legal birth certificate (original)
- Social Security cards for members of child's immediate family
- Income verification for the last 12 months (W2 form for 2015: three (3) current check stubs
- TANF award letter
- SSI or Social Security verification letter
- Tax return form from tax preparer
- Child support documentation
- Self-employment (obtain form from Family Worker) or unemployment compensation)
- Proof of Residency (Lease, Deed, or Proof of Residency from from Family Worker and current utility bill).
Need More InformationWe always need more information on our offices so we can keep up to date on changes. If you know of any details that we missed, a new website, hours have changed, etc, please add a comment (below the map on this page), with information. We will then display this for all visitors on this page.
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Leeds Head Start Center - JCCEO.