About The Abantwana Learning Center
To enroll in Early Head Start or Head Start, families must live in Hyde Park, Roslindale, Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan or Jamaica Plain and meet federal income guidelines. We encourage families from these communities to apply, even if you are not sure if your family is eligible – we will make every effort to assist you in finding the right place for you and your child.
For enrollment information Early Head Start or Head Start, please call 617.442.8800 ext. 1390 or ext. 1219. Applications are accepted year-round. If slots are not available, eligible families are placed on a wait list.
To enroll in Early Head Start or Head Start, parents must provide:
- Birth certificate for the child being enrolled
- Proof of address (lease agreement or utility bill)
- Proof of at least one month of income (tax forms, pay-stub, TANF or SSI award letters also accepted)
- A current physical report for their child
- Photo identification for parent or guardian
- IEP/IFSP paperwork (for children with identified disabilities)
The Abantwana Learning Center Community Questionnaire
Are you familiar with The Abantwana Learning Center? Help users like you answer some of the questions they have about The Abantwana Learning Center.